Club News

Home

Celtic Football Club crest
"More than a Football Club"

LondonNo1csc
mail list

London No1 CSC News

January 11, 2007
Brenda O'Rourke

Sadly Brenda O'Rourke passed away last night.

She valiantly fought her illness, with the unyielding and steadfast support of Dennis and her children.

Those of us who had the absolute pleasure of meeting Brenda will know that the world has lost a gorgeous, passionate and strong woman, wife and mother.

I count myself lucky to have met her and she'll never be forgotten.

Our thoughts and support are with Dennis and the family.

Rest in Peace Brenda O'Rourke.

- Sharon Reilly-Rashid

Posted by symptomless at January 11, 2007 02:57 PM

Comments

only met brenda a few times-was really sorry to hear of her passing.condolences to dennis and family.from us here in milton keynes

Posted by: lynda law-smithat January 11, 2007 08:15 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with Denis and the children at this sad time from Jean and family.

Posted by: JeanMcGlynnat January 12, 2007 02:32 PM

It's so sad about Brenda, so I will keep the picture I have in my head of her and that is when the Bhoys came down to Loftus Road and played Fulham. I can see us all standing outside the pub in Goldhawk Road laughing in the sunshine. She wasn't the height of tuppence but she had all the passion and fire of the Irish which made her seem ten feet tall!
God bless, Brenda. You're sitting with the angels now.

Frances xx

Posted by: Frances Boylanat January 12, 2007 04:33 PM

Dear all - thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. It is a great comfort to the kids and myself that the "Celtic family" are out there in support!

We hope to see many of you next wednesday, please note that the mass will start at 11.45 a.m.

We will be having a reception after the funeral at ganleys Irish bar, herne hill from 3.00 p.monwards, all welcome.

hail hail

Denis

Posted by: Denis O'Rourkeat January 13, 2007 12:28 PM

weare so sorry to hear that brenda has lost her brave battle.she was funny feisty and kind to people she liked. our thoughts are with denis and his lovely children from pat&annette nash

Posted by: pat &annette nashat January 16, 2007 07:33 AM

OUR MEETINGS WERE BRIEF BUT THE MEMORIES ARE STRONG. OUR THOUGHGTS GO TO YOU AND THE CHILDREN DENIS. GOD REST BRENDA, GOODNIGHT.

Posted by: BERNADETTE AND TERRYat January 17, 2007 11:45 PM

Denis and family

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Brenda was a real character who loved life and her family.

My abiding memories are of her the great time we had in Seville and of the laughter, happiness and joy that Brenda and the kids brought to our Celtic nights.

My thoughts are with you all

Ian